Christ In Me (Part 7) Resurrection Sunday


April 21, 2019
Resurrection Sunday
Sermon Series: Christ In Me
Inspired by:
Casting Crowns: “Only Jesus” CD
“Only Jesus Devotional”
 by Pastor Mark Hall
With Tim Luke
Psalm 31:19-26
Mathew 28:18-22

 “Home…”
Prayer of Illumination…

23rd Psalm

23 1-3 God, my shepherd!
    I don’t need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
    you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
    you let me catch my breath
    and send me in the right direction.
Even when the way goes through
    Death Valley,
I’m not afraid
    when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd’s crook
    makes me feel secure.
You serve me a six-course dinner
    right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
    my cup brims with blessing.
Your beauty and love chase after me
    every day of my life.
I’m back home in the house of God
    for the rest of my life.

Home…coming home…

We have reached our destination today. We have reached the place of love and grace. We are standing before the tomb that is now empty. The One who has given us the example and told us to go and do likewise… The One who wants to be the reason we live…the One who wants us to become the glove in which He can do His most excellent work in and through us.

We have talked about many things on this journey to the cross. One thing we talked about as we begin to let Christ live through us the fact that it is the legacy of Christ working through us that is seen not what we do. Also, the legacy that we leave is the legacy of, well, being nobody as we point to Jesus and not ourselves that is a sign of Christ living through us not us living for Christ. But we also talked about the fact that in order to be this kind of Glove for Jesus…for Christ to be seen in and through us…we need to come out of the darkness into His glorious light. Our whole life is to be one that sits on the Potters Wheel as we trust the Master to create us into that vessel He needs. We are the bridge for others s Christ as Christ bridged the gap for us…so we too go and do likewise… we need to take that one awkward moment and turn it into a bridge from sin to Jesus.

Today we are celebrating the triumphal entry of Jesus in Jerusalem. There was a song of Hosanna…songs of joy…songs of hope that day as the ushered in the Messiah. But by the end of this week… there was another song that was sung…one of betrayal…one of hate…one of death… The songs we sing at time… But what are we singing today, in our day and age? Are we even singing at all? Sometimes we focus on the chaos so much that we forget about the song of deliverance we once knew. We are to sing the Love song of God to a world that has lost the tune of God’s heart. We can’t give up…it is never too late…

Today is the day when Love came full circle…from a manger…to a cross…to a grave…to a resurrected life. What does that mean for you and I? The Psalm I read this morning…we are offered that in and through Jesus Christ… (Spirit) We are the glove on the hand that leads humanity home. Easter Sunday opened the door to eternity…for all of humanity. The Good Shepherd will lead others home in and through us. It is the reason we are here… We are to make disciples of all nations teaching them all that Jesus taught…

We celebrate today because we know where our home is…and it’s not here. Our home is heaven…we can have hope in that fact. No matter where we are…what we go through…we have a home of hope…of love…of courage…and strength…

The Good News beloved…Christ is Risen…He is Risen indeed… Jesus has opened paradise and we are invited to enter in. This is the Good News of the Bible…this is the message we are allow Jesus to live out through us. We shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever… We are now home…in and through Jesus Christ…

Play “Home” by Casting Crowns


I won’t fear what evil brings…for I am with Him…

 Christ is Risen…He is Risen in deed…

Alleluia…Amen!

Comments

Popular Posts